Monday 10 October 2016

Reader of the Month


                I am an engineer and have retired after serving for over forty years in the oil industry, both in India and abroad. After retirement I have settled in Mumbai. Books have been my passion ever since I can remember. Many subjects interest me, but history tops them all. Books have been my constant companions so wherever I have been I have searched for a good library. I discovered the Nehru Centre Library which is close to my home. I am now a regular visitor to the Nehru Centre Library Mumbai, and find it to be an excellent place for book lovers. The collection of books is fantastic, the ambience perfect for quiet relaxed reading, and the staff very courteous and helpful. There is such a wide choice of books that it can satisfy all book-lovers. I am fortunate to be living close to it and frequently spend hours there.

                The library is well organized, and has all facilities for scholars. They can find a lot of information for their study and research. The library also gets a wide range of periodicals and newspapers which will interest casual readers. Facilities for accessing books on its internal circuit are also available. Comfortable individual work stations are provided for it. One can spend hours at this library and come back satisfied each time.

                It is unlikely that there are any such libraries in Mumbai, and it should be made use of by all book-lovers. For me it has been a source of joy to be able to visit the library. The efforts of the staff of the library to maintain it in such a good condition are commendable. I wish them all success, and look forward to spending many more hours at the Nehru Centre Library.


28th September 2016                                                                                       Y.Yunus

No comments:

Post a Comment